Code of Conduct
Polar Bear Athlete’s Code of Conduct
As a participant in the Polar Bear Ski Club Program, you will be required to follow the established Code of Conduct.
- All athletes are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsman like manner acting as worthy representatives of our families, ski team, ski club, and ski area.
- All athletes, coaches, and parents shall abide by the following standards of conduct including:
- Self control
- Responsible behavior
- Restraint from profane and abusive language
- Good manners in pubic places and other ski venues
- All athletes are expected to abide by ski area and competition rules
- All athletes must be courteous to coaches
- The Polar Bear Race Center (Yurt) is for Polar Bear Members only
- All athletes are responsible for the care and safe proper storage of their equipment in the Yurt or Polar Bear room.
- All athletes are to respect other athlete’s equipment and property. This includes the Yurt and Polar Bear room.
- All athletes are responsible for keeping the Yurt and Polar Bear room clean and organized including:
- Putting stray items in the “Lost and Found”
- Picking up any food, garbage, bottles etc.
- Keeping your Locker/Cubby neat and tidy, and equipment stored inside properly
- Notify a Coach if you notice something is broken or needs attention
- The following is NOT permitted in the Yurts or Polar Bear room:
*TOBACCO AND CHEWING TOBACCO
*POSSESSION OF NARCOTICS & NON-PERSCRITPION DRUGS
*BEHAVIOR THAT IS DETRIMENTAL TO THE PROGRAM AND/OR OTHER ATHLETES
*THEFT OF PROPERTY
Disciplinary actions for any of the above can include:
Suspension of training privilege for a specific time period
Loss of racing privilege for specific event
I have read the above Athlete Code of Conduct and agree to abide by all rules and regulations:
Athlete’s Signature: ______________________ Parent’s Signature: ________________________________